2021- 2022 School Calendar
Share P-EBT Outreach Materials and Application Link
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) provides food benefits to families with enrolled students (up to 21 years of age) who temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals for the 2020–2021 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.The Texas Education Agency (TEA), Texas Department of Agriculture and Texas Health and Human Services request that schools attempt to contact eligible families before the application opens June 2, 2021. Thank you for your assistance with the P-EBT program. We appreciate all the work you do to help make sure Texas families have access to food during this time.To apply, go to yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT (application link is case-sensitive). The application opens June 2. Deadline to apply is Aug. 13, 2021.
Who is Eligible?
- Students who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) school that offers free meals to all students.
- Children born after Aug. 1, 2014, in families who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.Who Needs to Apply?
- A parent/guardian must apply if eligible student is:
- Enrolled in K-12 and NOT part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and June 2021.
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for the first time during the 2020–2021 school year in May or June 2021.
- A parent/guardian does not have to apply if eligible student or child is:
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and April 2021.
- Born after Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.
Share P-EBT Outreach Materials
Please use the following resources before the application closes August 13 to inform eligible families. Access them at the TEA’s COVID-19 Support: Child Nutrition webpage at https://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/health-safety-discipline/covid/covid-19-support-child-nutrition.Outreach Materials to Share with P-EBT Eligible FamiliesAdditional Resources to Promote P-EBTP-EBT Graphics
- Family with groceries
- Parent grocery shopping with child
- Basket of groceries
- Bag of groceries
- Web button (English) (Spanish)
Opening Plan 2021-2022
Get Your Text Alerts!
Parents and Teachers:
Sign up for Emergency text! (Don't forget to resign up if you change your cell number!)
To get School Alerts text @leggettp to 81010
A return text will ask you to send your name for the message database.
ESSA & Non Profit Schools
Polk County Special Services
Leggett Pirate Fans please read and thank you for all your support!
Do you need food assistance?
Community Food Pantry: Do you need food assistance?
If so, please, call Shirley Templeton at 936-714-6226
to arrange a pick-up at Leggett Baptist Church.
2020 Census Response